American Style Magazine has assembled a great list of events and exhibitions around the USA for those of us that love crafts. Are any near you? Check out these listings and plan your fall schedule.
Craft Shows of interest:
- American Pottery Festival in Minneapolis, Minn., Sept. 9-12
- WheatonArts presents its annual Festival of Fine Craft Oct. 2-3 in Millville, N.J.
- Wood That Works Open Studio, Ashford, CT., Oct. 9-10
- Explore more than 300 events at the 11th annual Philadelphia Open Studio Tours Oct. 2-3 and 9-10.
- Paradise City Craft Fair, Northampton, MA, Oct.9,1-11
- Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands in Asheville, N.C. Oct. 21-24.
- The first annual American Craft Show NYC at the Javits Center, Nov. 19-21.
- Washington Craft Show, Nov. 19-21.
And a listing of museum exhibitions of interest:
- The Bellevue Arts Museum in Washington:“BAM Biennial 2010: Clay Throwdown!” though Jan. 16,
- New Jersey’s Newark Museum , “Gustav Stickley and the American Arts & Crafts Movement.” Sept. 15-Jan. 2.
- The Smithsonian’s Renwick Gallery in Washington, D.C., “A Revolution in Wood: The Bresler Collection.” Sept. 24-Jan. 30.
- “O’Keeffiana: Art and Art Materials” at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe, N.M., Sept. 24-May 8
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft’s“CraftTexas 2010”, Sept. 25-Dec. 30.
- “Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne and Beyond: Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay” at the de Young in San Francisco. Sept. 25-Jan. 18.
- The American Folk Art Museum in New York Oct. 5-February with “Quilts: Masterworks from the American Folk Art Museum.”
- Seattle Art Museum Oct. 8-Jan. 9 will get a glimpse of Paris: “Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso, Paris”
- “Photo Clay: In the Picture with Warren Mather” at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, Mass., Oct. 9-Jan. 23
- The Indianapolis Museum of Art “Andy Warhol Enterprises” Oct. 10-Jan 2.
- Racine Art Museum,“Collection Focus in Fibers: John McQueen and Carol Eckert at RAM” Oct. 17-Feb. 6